Homes for Sale in Plantation
The city of Plantation, nestled among thousands of trees is famed for its safe, friendly neighborhoods, world-class recreation facilities and stable business community. The attractive tree lined streets and original brick features, coupled with a casual yet lively lifestyle, make Plantation one of the most sought after places to live in South Florida. With its population of over 88,000, the city’s motto is ‘the grass is greener’ recognising Plantation’s commitment to reducing the environmental impact on the local area. Plantation has been recognized for over 30 consecutive years as “Tree City USA” and is one of only a handful of cities in the nation to be designated a “Sterling Tree City USA,” and a National Wildlife Federation “Community Wildlife Habitat.”
Plantation is situated in the centre of Broward county and is bordered by Lauderhill, Sunrise, Davie and Fort Lauderdale. Getting to Plantation is easy as the city is only 15 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and is close to many of the major interstates. Plantation benefits from a warm climate, with an average year-round temperature of 75.4 degrees, peaking to 84.2 degrees during the summer months. The city has been used as a filming location for many popular movies including There’s Something About Mary and Caddyshack.
Activities & Events
Plantation has over 30 public parks, playgrounds and a variety of outdoor recreation facilities, including the famous Volunteer Park, such as:
- The Liberty Tree Park covering more than 9 acres of land offering picnic areas, multi-use trails, a gazebo and water fountain.
- Plantation Woods – a forest themed park and water playground located in Plantation’s Historic District.
- The Deicke Park featuring a jogging trail, playground equipment, picnic areas and facilities for volleyball, basketball and tennis.
- Camp Everglades – an Everglades-inspired park located at Plantation Acres in Volunteer Park.
- The Multicultural Park that showcases artwork by local students and artists.
- Plantation Equestrian Center – Set amongst 85 acres of boardwalks and bridle paths is the Plantation Equestrian Center – an ideal hotspot for the equestrian community.
- Visitors to Volunteer Park can also enjoy the peaceful nature trails, wetlands and educational playgrounds.
- Plantation Preserve Golf Course & Club – the City of Plantation’s public/private golf facility, Plantation Preserve Golf Course and Club, includes a challenging, 18-hole championship golf course, a beautiful clubhouse with stunning panoramic views, state of the art practice facilities including a private Member-only practice area, Everglades-inspired wetlands situated throughout the back nine, and a 55-acre, 1.1 mile linear multi-use trail.
- Aquatics Complex – the city not only benefits from two Olympic sized pools and a water playground for toddlers at its Aquatics Complex, but also the nationally renowned Frank Veltro tennis centre, with its impressive 28 tennis courts.
Plantation enjoys year-round events including the Royal Egg Hunt, the Wine, Jazz and Taste of Plantation festival, the Teddy Bear’s Picnic ad “It’s a Wonderful Life in Plantation” Holiday Winter Parade.
Frederick Peters purchased 10,000 acres in 1931 and hired noted architect Russell Pancoast to develop a City master plan, which included an ordinance preventing homes next to each other from looking alike, minimum lot size restrictions and separate commercial, industrial and residential zoning districts. With a population of less than 500 and a budget of $1,288, the City of Plantation was incorporated on April 30, 1953. n keeping with Frederick Peters’ original Master Plan, Plantation retains its original home town charm, and offers all the amenities of a large city, but with the safety and security of a smaller community.
Plantation offers excellent educational facilities including 6 public elementary, 2 public middle, 2 public high schools & 32 private schools (preschool/daycare through grade 12). Many of Plantation’s local activities and events are designed with children in mind making the city an extremely family-friendly location.
The Business Community
Plantation has strong and prospering business community spread across its three business districts. The city is the home to the headquarters of many large corporations such as Motorola Solutions, American Express and DHL Worldwide Express. The Plantation Technology Park currently has over 150 technology companies on its site. The city is strongly committed to marketing the city’s small and corporate businesses on both a local and global level.
Please contact our office and we will direct you to an expert who will be pleased to help you.